As Quality Assurance is essential to many IT operations and processes, there is little wonder that it’s quickly developing in a complex self-sufficient area. Today’s understanding of the QA process involves review of products and processes (before they’re released to the public) using an array of specialized tools, processes and their coordination.
Although there is a variety of QA tools and platforms available and the choice depends on the priorities, needs and processes of your organization, HP’s solutions like HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and HP Unified Functional Testing (UFL) are popular with organizations and their QA professionals worldwide. Recently, HP has introduced 2 certifications to validate the skills using these tools. HP ATP: Application Lifecycle Management v12 addresses using HP’s ALM platform to support QA, while HP ATP: Unified Functional Testing v12 supplies training to those engaged in preparing and executing automated test cases.
Let’s take a close look at these credentials.
HP ATP: Application Lifecycle Management v12
This certification verifies that you can deploy, demonstrate, use, and manage the HP ALM platform to support all phases of the quality and test-management process when working as a QA team member or under the supervision of a senior consultant. It validates your ability to do the following:
- Create releases and release cycles
- Manage requirements and analyze associated risks
- Create and organize test cases and test sets
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Record and track test execution results and defects
- Configure and use version control, libraries, and baselines
- Generate reports and graphs and use the Dashboard
- Work with project planning and tracking (PPT) graphs and reports
- Use the business process models
- Plan for ALM implementation
- Create and manage domains, projects, and templates
- Plan project groups, users, and permissions
- Determine entity customizations
- Implement basic workflows
- Identify and use ALM integrations and extensions, including ALI and the ALM synchronizer
Why earn this certification?
- This certification qualifies you as a recognized QA consultant.
- Certification enables you to become a valuable contributor to your software development team.
- Certification lays the foundation for your career in IT as a QA engineer or ALM administrator.
- Certification prepares you for innovative technologies, methodologies, and approaches that are rapidly transforming the QA landscape and practices (e.g., agile, testing in the cloud, mobile testing, testing as a service).
HP ATP – Unified Functional Testing v12
This professional level certification verifies your understanding of workflow and tasks to automate test cases with HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT). Typical candidates for this certification include testers, automation engineers, services specialists, and technical personnel who implement and integrate GUI, API, and BPT test automation by creating, enhancing, running tests and analyzing run results with HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT). Six months of UFT experience is recommended.
This credential validates your ability to:
- Discuss and plan test automation with HP UFT
- Describe HP UFT testing solution for GUI, API, BPT
- Build modular tests and integrate HP UFT testing solutions
- Create basic GUI automated tests and describe how HP UFT works with objects
- Create basic API tests
- Enhance basic tests with verifications, checkpoints, and parameterization
- Run UFT tests and analyze results
- Describe the HP UFT to QC/ALM integration, including its features and benefits
- Illustrate basic troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Identify how to use VBScript programming elements and advanced scripting techniques
- Recognize how to overcome automation challenges in a Web environment
- Use the HP UFT automation object model
- Use service virtualization in HP UFT
Why earn this certification?
- This certification is a milestone in your career as a QA engineer and verifies your skills in test automation.
- To complement your proven experience and projects track record in test automation with an industry-recognized credential.
- To improve your effectiveness in understanding automation requirements when working closely with build/development teams.
- Certification helps you stand out as a subject matter expert in the crowded QA arena.
- To increase your credibility in a highly competitive, yet still promising job market.